Philadelphia area Dentist describes the benefits of Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers are a wonderful method of disguising imperfections of the smile. Many patients ask Dr. David Spilkia of Philadelphia about whether these restorations are best for their smiles. Patients with cosmetic imperfections such as staining, breakage, spacing, or misalignment are welcome to speak to the team of David Spilkia Family and Cosmetic Dentistry about the ways in which porcelain veneers can help.
First, it is best to understand what veneers are. Porcelain veneers are very thin shells of ceramic that will cover the front surface of a natural tooth. Porcelain veneers look completely natural within the smile and can dramatically improve the aesthetics of a single tooth. Some patients may use just one porcelain veneer to address a single tooth, while others may use several for a fast, easy, and affordable “smile makeover.” Porcelain veneers are best used on the teeth near the front of the mouth, called the anterior teeth. These are the teeth that are visible when patients speak, laugh, and smile.
Porcelain veneers have many benefits that make them a great solution for patients seeking cosmetic enhancement of their smiles. Veneers are:
- Strong and durable, withstanding most chewing and biting forces
- Natural looking, thanks to the beautiful materials used to fabricate them
- Long lasting, typically lasting over a decade or more with proper care
- Affordable, Dr. David Spilkia can work with patients on payment plans if necessary
- Effective in covering many common imperfections of natural teeth
- Personalized, colored to specifications, and made to match in size and shape to the existing teeth
Dr. David Spilkia can assure patients when porcelain veneers are their best options for improving their smile. Contacting David Spilkia Family and Cosmetic Dentistry is the first step for learning more about how veneers can dramatically improve aesthetics. Patients are welcome to ask their dentist about other solutions and pick the best option for their specific smile needs. Contact our practice today to book an appointment.