To make your best first impression, see a premier Cosmetic Dentist in Philadelphia
As far as first impressions go, your smile is the ultimate calling card. Your smile conveys confidence, friendship, love, and warmth. In professional and personal interactions, a healthy and attractive smile can be a significant asset.
If your smile has dimmed over time from wear and tear, decay, misalignment, or discoloration, we can help! David Spilkia Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, serving patients from Philadelphia and Northeast Philadelphia, offers a complete range of family, medical, restorative, emergency, and cosmetic dentistry. Our dentist, Dr. Spilkia has been helping families to achieve their healthiest and happiest smiles for more than 28 years, with a special focus on patient comfort and gentle, pain-free treatment.
We combine state of the art, advanced technology with a friendly, homey atmosphere. Recognizing that your smile is as unique as you are, we emphasize personal attention and custom-designed treatment plans that fit your budget, lifestyle, and goals.
What is a smile makeover?
You deserve to have the smile of your dreams, and you can with our Smile Makeover. After a comprehensive consultation to determine your desires and goals, Dr. Spilkia may recommend one, or a combination, of the following procedures for your most dazzling smile:
Professional whitening with the KöR system
At times, just a simple enhancement such as whitening your teeth can produce profound results, making you appear younger and healthier. A number of factors can affect the shade of your tooth enamel, such as:
- Avoiding regularly scheduled checkups
- Coffee, tea, wines, colas, and certain fruits or vegetables
- Normal aging and wear and tear
- Prescription or over the counter medications such as antidepressants, high blood pressure pills, some antibiotics or antihistamines
- Health conditions
- Tobacco use
Implants, crowns, bridges, and dentures
Missing, unsightly, damaged, or decayed teeth can be restored with a number of prosthetic options. Implants replace an entire root of a tooth or teeth, adding stability to your jawbone, supporting surrounding teeth, and securing bridges or dentures for comfort and ease of speaking and eating. Individual natural-looking crowns, or caps, can cover and protect broken or damaged teeth and restore your smile.
Minor imperfections like chips in your teeth can easily be repaired using durable tooth-colored resin that is shaped and polished to match your overall smile.
Porcelain is an ideal dental material because it has many of the light-reflecting characteristics of your natural enamel. Tin layers of porcelain may be bonded to your teeth to camouflage slightly crooked, discolored, or strangely shaped teeth.
Adults can enjoy straighter teeth without the hassle or stigma of conventional braces. We offer two options for a more pleasing smile:
- Invisalign – this advanced technology allows you to shift your teeth gently and gradually into the appropriate position without wires or braces. Completely clear and discreet, Invisalign moves your teeth through a series of comfortable and removable trays. This system gives you the ability to maintain optimal hygiene and eat without restrictions.
- Six month smiles – focusing on the simple cosmetic appeal of straighter teeth, Six Month Smiles straightens the teeth that are most visible, therefore requiring significantly less time than is required for traditional braces to correct bite problems. With tooth colored brackets, the alignment system eliminates adult concerns over a “mouth full of metal.”
If you would like to learn more about how to achieve your best smile, call us today at (267) 463-2777. David Spilkia Family and Cosmetic Dentistry is located at 7052-56 Frankford Avenue in Philadelphia.