What does cosmetic surgery for teeth from a dentist in Northeast Philadelphia entail?
At David Spilkia Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, we provide wide range of services including cosmetic surgery. What does that mean? Cosmetic surgery for teeth includes any elective procedure that enhances the appearance of your smile. Patients in Northeast Philadelphia have been coming to us for many years to transform the look of their teeth and gums.
What is cosmetic surgery?
Cosmetic surgery or cosmetic dentistry are often used interchangeably, although most cosmetic dentistry services do not entail surgery. Cosmetic services may include procedures that add or remove materials from your teeth to improve the way they look.
Some of the most common cosmetic enhancements include:
- Bonding – Bonding can be used when there is a cosmetic flaw such as a chip or gap. The bonding material will fill in the area.
- Veneers –Veneers are porcelain shells that are bonded directly to teeth to alter the color, shape, or size of the teeth.
- Straightening –Both Six Month Smiles and Invisalign can align the teeth for a straighter smile.
- Gum contouring –This procedure can reshape the gum tissue to make your teeth appear more symmetrical.
- Teeth Whitening – This service removes permanent staining and bleaches the teeth to a whiter shade.
How to choose an experienced dentist for cosmetic work
Cosmetic dentistry is not a specialty, and instead just refers to a category of services. Here are some questions you should ask prior to receiving care:
- Will you be removing or adding any material to my teeth?
- Do you have before and after pictures of patients you worked on?
- What care is required after my procedures?
- How many visits will be required?
- Do you have patient references?
Dr. Spilkia has over 28 years of experience helping patients achieve beautiful smiles. He utilizes state of the art equipment and has a staff with training and expertise in all areas of cosmetic dentistry.
When it comes to enhancing your smile, it’s important to have a team you trust. Contact David Spilkia Family and Cosmetic Dentistry today at (267) 463-2777.
Back to Home Page
Dr. David Spilkia - David Spilkia Family and Cosmetic Dentistry
Among the range of cosmetic and general dentistry procedures provided by Dr. Spilkia are restorative dentistry, dental implants, smile makeovers, and Invisalign orthodontics.