Dentist office serving the areas near Philadelphia offers patients solutions to dental fear
Do you find your palms sweating and your breath coming fast if you think about heading to the dentist? You are not alone! Millions of American adults have dental anxiety, with 15 percent of the American population enduring dental phobia. This anxiety causes many to avoid going to the dentist for routine care or even emergency services. David Spilkia Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, serving the areas near Philadelphia, wants to help even the most fearful of you get the healthy smile that you deserve. If you are looking for a dental office that can assist you with your anxiety, you’ve found the right place!
How dental anxiety affects your overall health:
Regular dental visits are paramount to maintaining a healthy mouth and gums. No matter how effective you think your oral hygiene routine is, there’s only one way to ensure prompt treatment for gum or tooth problems, and that’s routine professional cleanings. When these are skipped, it leaves your teeth open to tooth decay, cavities, and bad breath. This affects your emotional wellbeing by leaving you with a feeling of self-consciousness. Chronic infection of your teeth and gums can ensue if it goes untreated. This can lead to a compromised ability to chew and digest properly, an impact on your speech patterns, and even heart disease. There is hope though! Dr. David Spilkia has almost thirty years of experience treating all levels of dental problems in patients of all ages. That means even if you haven’t been to the dentist in years, he can help you achieve a happy and healthy smile again!
Request an Appointment
Potential causes of anxiety:
- Parental influence: The way your parents behave about dental visits can affect your view on them as an adult.
- Prior painful or negative experiences: Whether it happened when you were a child or an adult, a painful dental visit can leave you hesitant to return.
- Embarrassment: Some people feel reluctant to go to a dentist and be judged for the state their teeth are in due to the length of time since their last visit.
- Fear of how you will be treated: Some people report avoiding the dentist due to an anxiety that they will be treated with scorn or ridicule for neglecting their teeth.
David Spilkia Family & Cosmetic Dentistry’s answer:
We consider ourselves an office of comfortable dentistry. This doesn’t just mean the physical comfort of our waiting room chairs! We believe in treating patients with dignity, respect, compassion, and gentleness. We guide you through your treatment process with a gentle touch, providing you with the information you need to make decisions as to the best treatment plan for you. We have seen all types of dental problems and all types of people, from those that ensure to make it to every routine check up to people just coming in for the first time in decades. We believe you have the right to have a smile you love. We treat everyone with the respect that comes from believing that a healthy smile is your right. We also help you through the maze that dental insurance benefits can be! We accept almost all insurance programs, CareCredit and our own in-house twelve months 0% interest financial plans.
Some of the services we offer:
- Cosmetic dentistry: Often, if it has been years since you have been to the dentist, your smile needs a bit of “rehab” to get it gleaming again. We offer treatments such as professional whitening and veneers to help you love that smile.
- Gum disease treatment: We offer gentle treatment for patients suffering from gum disease.
- Invisalign: This orthodontic solution is an amazing solution for many adults suffering from mild to moderate misalignment issues.
- Six Month Smiles: If Invisalign isn’t right for your orthodontic needs, Six Month Smiles just might be.
- Dental restorations: Including but not limited to fillings, crowns, bridges, and bonding.
Find out about the amazing benefits a healthy and beautiful smile can have. Call David Spilkia Family & Cosmetic Dentistry now to get your individualized consultation to start your smile restoration. Don’t let dental anxiety deprive you of a smile you love any longer! (267) 463-2777.