What to expect from dentures services in Philadelphia
Tooth loss is devastating. Trauma, illness, lack of oral hygiene, and age can lead to dental problems, including tooth loss. Missing teeth detract from your smile and even cause you to look older. Individualized treatment with properly fitting dentures can give you back a smile that looks and feels natural. Patients in the greater Philadelphia area can turn to Dr. David Spilkia for dentures services that are beautifully restored.
The team at David Spilkia Family and Cosmetic Dentistry spends time with and treats each patient individually. Custom treatment plans are created to provide the best quality denture for each patient’s needs. Dentures are an aesthetically and functionally pleasing option to replace missing teeth. Our restorations are made with quality materials designed to fit your mouth comfortably. We offer full, partial, and immediate dentures depending on a patient’s needs. Full dentures can be replacing the top or bottom jaw of teeth or both. Partial dentures are just that. They are used to replace a few missing teeth. Immediate dentures are placed without a gap in time, so you are never toothless.
The type of dentures used depends on each patient’s needs, health history, and budget. Following conservative dentistry practices, we prefer to maintain the natural teeth for as long as possible. Your teeth stimulate bone structure keeping your oral cavity healthy.
What to expect
More than one appointment is needed to ensure a satisfying result with dentures. A consultation and examination are necessary to discuss your needs and to assess your mouth for underlying issues including teeth that need to be extracted. During this process, your dentist makes notes regarding the size, shape, and color of your teeth. X-rays and impressions of your teeth are taken too. This process ensures your new dentures will fit comfortably and look natural. The information, notes, and molds are sent to a laboratory to create your custom dentures. If teeth need to be extracted, that is done, and the gums are given time to heal before you are fitted for your new dentures.
Request an Appointment
When your custom dentures are ready, you will return to the office for a fitting. The dentures may need to be tweaked but they should feel comfortable. The end result should be a beautifully restored smile that functions normally. Eating and speaking should be natural. Follow your dentist’s instructions to properly care for and to prolong the life of your dentures.
Regardless of which dentures you may have, it is important to take care of your dental device to prevent problems. Properly fitting dentures help avoid issues. Assuming your dentures fit properly, it is important for everyone to follow good oral hygiene habits to keep the mouth clean and healthy. Having a healthy mouth and gums helps to prevent dental issues from arising.
Caring for your dentures appropriately is important. Improper handling can lead to problems or can damage your dentures. Here are some tips for proper denture care:
- Do not sleep with your dentures in unless your dentist instructs you to do so.
- Handle your dentures carefully as they are delicate.
- Clean your dentures daily but not with toothpaste as it is too abrasive and can cause tiny scratches.
- Clean and massage your gums, tongue, and roof of your mouth daily.
- Store your dentures properly.
Benefits of dentures
Without teeth, patients often hide their smiles and their confidence may decrease. Dentures help restore a natural, beautiful smile. Benefits of dentures include the following:
- Dentures are custom created based on the patient’s mouth to fit, look, and act as natural teeth giving you a beautiful, functional smile.
- The functionality of the mouth is restored. Routine functions such as chewing and speaking become natural.
- Without teeth, the face looks sunken and older. With dentures, fullness is restored making the face appear younger.
- Denture technology has advanced making this a cost-effective way to restore your smile. Because of the technological advancements, the aesthetic of the smile appears natural, so the general public remains unaware that the teeth are not your own.
Dentures are made from high-quality materials to ensure patient comfort and a beautiful, natural smile. Get a natural smile with dentures. Contact the team at David Spilkia Family and Cosmetic Dentistry in Philadelphia, PA. Call (267) 463-2777.
Dr. David Spilkia - David Spilkia Family and Cosmetic Dentistry
Among the range of cosmetic and general dentistry procedures provided by Dr. Spilkia are restorative dentistry, dental implants, smile makeovers, and Invisalign orthodontics.