Philadelphia dentist explains what is restorative dentistry
At David Spilkia Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, serving the Philadelphia area, we have made it a priority to treat people who have not been to a dentist in years. Many times, this is due to anxiety from bad past experiences. Many people that come to us after years away from dental care have suffered the effects. Some may only need a filling, others may need dental bridges or tooth implants. These things fall under the term restorative dentistry.
What is restorative dentistry?
Restorative dentistry restores the mouth to a healthy and beautiful smile. We will help our patients address any urgent issues first, then work with them to help restore their mouth in a way that addresses their needs. We strive to do this in the most comfortable environment we can, since we know the dentist can be a frightening place after years without dental care.
Restorative dentistry services we offer:
- Fillings: These can be composite resin or silver amalgam fillings. Composite fillings are the preferred method, as they blend with the natural tooth.
- Crowns: Sometimes a filling will not work if a cavity is too deep. In these cases, we may use a crown to protect the tooth. Crowns are made of porcelain and matched to surrounding teeth.
- Dental bonding: We can use composite bonding to treat any chips or broken teeth a patient may have.
- Dental implants: For missing teeth, we will place a titanium post to create an artificial “root” and then place an artificial tooth.
- Further education: We help patients learn how to improve their oral hygiene to help prevent further issues.
We want everyone to feel their best. If you have been putting off a dental visit, please call us today so we can help you get a gorgeous smile. You are worth it! (267) 463-2777.